After permanent pacemaker, usually patient gets discharged within few days, with review follow up after one to two weeks.
Self Care :
- Continue antibiotics as per prescription.
- Stitch removal after 7 / 10 days.
- Do not pout water in your pacemaker dressing for at least two weeks.
- There is as such no restriction of movement or activity. Try to avoid flinging rapid arm movement for one week.
- Try to avoid pulling weight more than 5 kgs in pacemaker arm.
When to call doctor:
- Bleeding, swelling, pus discharge or gross discolouration in pacemaker wound site.
- Syncope or fall.
- Low pulse rate (below 50 bpm).
- High grade temperature within one month of pacemaker insertion.
- Jerky abnormal feeling of movement arm or abdomen.